Now, as I finally finish a project that’s worth finishing and scooch that little bit closer to publication, I want to share what I’ve learned. I believe that writers should support each other in our mutual struggle towards greatness, and I believe that hard-earned knowledge is sweetest when it’s shared.
And, okay, I need an outlet to scream about books and writer’s block.
My favorite things include:
- YA fiction, even though I’m not a huge romance fan. This can make finding a YA novel that I really enjoy something of a challenge. Nevertheless, I persist.
- French fries. I am so weak for french fries.
- Anything to do with culture, including anthropology (my hopefully-soon-to-be field of postgrad study), travel (I’ve lived abroad three times and set foot on four continents), foreign languages (I speak Spanish and French), and new foods (I’ve eaten lutefisk. I regret nothing).
- The Oxford comma. It’s not up for debate. I will fight you all.
- Aikido, the Japanese martial art of throwing your friends around like bowling balls and/or hitting them with wooden swords.
- My red hair. I’m a goddamn unicorn with a genetic mutation that allows me to absorb more vitamin D from the sun.